Mounted, Trailed or self-propelled boom sprayer
If your job involves applying pesticides in a commercial role then you are legally required by the Chemicals Regulation Directorate (CRD) (Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986) (as amended) to take this CoC qualification.
Anyone wishing to take who wishes to take this course must have completed and passed the PA1 – Safe Use of Pesticides (Foundation) module.
Accreditation: City and Guilds (NPTC) or Lantra
Course Duration: 1 Day (+ Separate Assessment)
Maximum number participants: 6
Prerequisites: PA1 (Safe Use of Pesticides)
What will be covered?
- Prepare the applicator for work, calibrate, and operate it to ensure correct application rate without risk to themselves, other
- people and the environment.
- Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to
- human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general.
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on the applicator.
- Carry out the correct procedure for cleaning personal protective equipment and application equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide.