PA11 -Seed Treatment
This training course aims to give trainees knowledge, understanding and basic skills in treating seeds with pesticides and underpins the achievement of PA11 assessment. It introduces trainees to preparing for the application of pesticides, applying the pesticides, and the actions to take on completion of operations in accordance with current legislation.
Accreditation: City and Guilds (NPTC)
Course Duration: 1 Day (+ Separate Assessment)
Maximum number participants: 6
Prerequisites: PA1 (Safe Use of Pesticides)
Price: Price as arranged
What is Covered?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Prepare seed treating equipment for work, calibrate it to an approved calibration procedure and operate it to achieve accurate even application with minimal risk to other people and the environment.
- Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to
- human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general.
- Handle and label treated seed packages safely.
- Understand the procedure for dealing with spillage of pesticide and treated grain
- Complete necessary records
- Understand the appropriate clean down procedure.
The full cost of the course is to be paid before the start of the course.
If you cancel your place you will be liable for 100% of the cost. Unless a cancellation is received in writing 14 days prior to the commencement of the course.