Forklift (Industrial Masted) Initial Training
This course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to operate the machine safely, protecting both you and those around you. Becoming proficient in operating this popular piece of machinery is an essential and valued operator’s skill for any contract, large or small.
The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions.
Course Duration: 2 Day
Maximum number participants: 3
Assessment: Practical and Theory
Price : £470+VAT
What will be covered?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare the various lift trucks for driving or manoeuvring
- Having site safety awareness
- Identifying basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges ï Identifying and complying with the manufacturer’s operator’s manual (MOM) and other information sources, such as rating plates and applicable regulations
- Carrying out all pre-use and running checks
- Configuring the lift truck for travel
- Placing the lift truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Operate, move or manoeuvre the lift trucks both with and without a load, In confined areas using forward and reverse direction, with and without a load.
- Select, transfer and position loads using a lift truck by setting up the lift truck in order to lift various loads
- Lifting various loads within the full working range of the lift truck
- Ensuring load integrity and security
- Transporting loads
- Placing and retrieving loads accurately at various places
- Placing and retrieving loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Keeping within safe working parameters
- Operating with bulk loads
- Explaining the loading and unloading procedure, on and off a transporter.
- Load and unload a container, vehicle, vessel or craft using a reach lift truck
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Undertake post-operational checks on a lift truck.
The full cost of the course is to be paid before the start of the course.
If you cancel your place you will be liable for 100% of the cost. Unless a cancellation is received in writing 14 days prior to the commencement of the course.