Telescopic Material Handler Training Novice
This course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to operate the machine safely, protecting both you and those around you.
As per the HSE Approved Code of Practice, telescopic material handlers should only be driven by authorised, trained, and competent people who have completed the appropriate training and testing.
Accreditation: Lantra, NPORS or In House
Course Duration: 2 Days
Maximum number participants: 3
Assessment: Mixture of practical and theory
What will be covered?
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources, such as rating plates, and applicable regulations.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the forklift for site and road travel.
- Travel over different types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines, both with and without a load.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load.
- Set up the forklift in order to lift various loads.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Lift various loads within the full working range of the forklift.
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the forklift in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.
The full cost of the course is to be paid before the start of the course.
If you cancel your place you will be liable for 100% of the cost. Unless a cancellation is received in writing 14 days prior to the commencement of the course.