Bench Mounted, Handheld electrical and engine driven
Becoming proficient in operating these machines is an essential and valued operator’s skill for any contract, large or small. This course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to operate these machines safely, protecting both you and those around you.
Course Duration: 1 Day
Maximum number participants: 6
Assessment: Practical and Theory
What will be covered?
The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the health and safety requirements for abrasive wheel operation
- Carry out a risk assessment and implement control measures, including emergency procedures
- Understand the legislative requirements and responsibilities of abrasive wheel operations
- Understand the characteristics of abrasives and their uses
- Understand and interpret the marking system of abrasive wheels
- Understand how to handle and store abrasive wheels
- Understand how to select and check abrasive wheels before use
- Understand and identify what speeds should be adhered to in wheel selection
- Identify the main components and understand their functions
- Mount an abrasive wheel and /or a diamond wheel
- Understand the difference between truing and dressing a wheel (bench grinders)
- Dress a wheel and identify dressers (bench grinders)
- Adjust work rests correctly (bench grinders)
- Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding hazardous conditions
- Carry out daily maintenance on petrol powered machines (disc cutter and cut-off saws)
- Operate the equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
The full cost of the course is to be paid before the start of the course.
If you cancel your place you will be liable for 100% of the cost. Unless a cancellation is received in writing 14 days prior to the commencement of the course.