This is a 1-day course (6 hours). The course aims to ensure the learner is competent to carry out the role of the Emergency First Aider and to facilitate their role within the working environment.
This course has been designed to address the role of the appointed person in first aid. It is developed with up-to-date requirements of The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations and guidance from the British Resuscitation Council.
At the end of the session Learners will be able to:
- Describe the actions to be taken in an emergency
- Demonstrate Cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- Explain first aid procedures for bleeding
- State main causes of unconsciousness
- Describe the role of an appointed persons
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
- Provide treatment for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters.
Accreditation: Ofqual regulator
Course Duration: 1 Day
Maximum number participants: 12
Regular Refresher training is required every 3 years