Refresher Training is recommended every 3 years. This course is designed for candidates with previous Telehandler training, to refresh their knowledge and bring them up to speed on current legislation. As per the HSE Approved Code of Practice, telescopic material handlers should only be driven by authorised, trained, and competent people who have completed the appropriate training and testing.
What will be covered?
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources, such as rating plates, and applicable regulations.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the forklift for site and road travel.
- Travel over different types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines, both with and without a load.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load.
- Set up the forklift in order to lift various loads.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Lift various loads within the full working range of the forklift.
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the forklift in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.